Case Study - Local Council
480 reasons why a Local Council
chose Omnia Technology® for IT Upgrade.
Omnia Technology® was selected* to manage this project on behalf of the Council.
Omnia were selected due to a complete understanding of the challenges presented. They had the resources and the experience to provide a cost-effective solution to the Council’s specific and unique requirements.
Lead by Josh Vega, Senior Project Manager, a bespoke deployment solution was created to seamlessly deliver all aspects of the project, on time and on budget.
This deployment solution leveraged Omnia’s core services.
* Selected by our IT Partner
Victorian Local Council
The deployment of 480 EUC devices, over 20 locations within the municipality across 3 tranches
- The Council lacked the internal resources to deploy some 480 computers.
- Speed of deployment plus minimal end user down time were paramount.
- Deployment was required across 20 different locations across the municipality.
- Compliance with the Victorian Government’s strict eWaste management policies was critical with regard to the disposal of legacy equipment.
- Omnia Technology® was commissioned to manage this project on behalf of the Council.
- All 480 EUC devices were successfully deployed on time and on budget.
- End user downtime was kept to a minimum thanks to close cooperation with Council’s IT people.
- End Users received the support required to quickly adapt to the upgraded equipment.
- Assets with commercial value were on-sold attracting a rebate that reduced project cost.
- Legacy assets were correctly disposed of in accordance with strict Victorian Government EWaste management policy.
Omnia Technology® prepared the first 200 desktops and laptops in only five days with each computer individualised for each end-user.
This By working closely with the Council’s IT people, an efficient changeover was successfully achieved with minimal downtime experienced by each end user.
All users enjoyed immediate on the ground support as their hardware and software were upgraded.
All assets were data sanitised with comprehensive reporting provided. Assets with commercial value were on-sold with rebates offered to off-set the cost of the project.
Every legacy device was efficiently disposed of and received an eWaste certificate, ensuring that the Council was fully compliant with the Victorian Government’s stringent standards for eWaste management.
After the initial deployment of 200 EUC devices, the Local Council engaged Omnia Technology® on a further two occasions to deploy tranches 2 and 3, totalling 480 machines across the municipality.
To learn more about how Omnia Technology® can help your business call 1300 668 708.
CARRY ON READING OFFLINE
Get this Case Study as a PDF
CARRY ON READING OFFLINE
Get this Case Study as a PDF in your inbox!